Saturday, February 15, 2014

Update to the Last post.

After updating the Pi, using sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade, I seemed to not be able to access my Pi any more by SSH over the ethernet crossover.  At this point, I gave in and plugged the Pi into my monitor and keyboard and tried to suss out what the issue was NOW.

So...in the end, I am not totally sure which is which.  I know that the ssh works when I am on the WiFi network that allows me to share the internet with the Pi.  But I am not sure if that is an exclusive thing.  I know that the SSH was disabled (or something) when I updated the Pi OS and shutdown.

The problem being that there is no clear way how to make SSH activate on start up short of going into the configuration menu again just as when I first started the device up.  In all honestly, this is more of a pain than I bargained it would be.

Still going at it.  Updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment